Welcome to my Blog!

Hopefully, you have reached this blog purposefully rather than by accident, but if by accident, so be it. Take a look around. You are welcome here. Blessings.

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Help

This is a must read--The Help. This book, followed closely by the movie, is a remarkable and seemingly accurate tale of race relations in the deep South during the Civil Rights Movement at the height of Jim Crow. I was intrigued by the relationships between the women in this book. They draw on your emotion and you find yourself cheering for change. You find yourself proud of these women and wish to know them personally. I was sad to see the book end. The movie proved to parallel the book and was a wonderful delight. Check it out and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. LOVED the movie...I hate to admit I have not read the book, guess I need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi,
      Thanks for posting. The movie was fabulous, but the book was amazing...most memorable. It is a quick read, but powerful. I think that you will love it1

      Delete